The inception of Students Forum came from the concept that the students themselves should be able to come up with the ideas and organize the activities which would be beneficial to them. Student Forum is a student organization at Institute Level S. B. Jain institute of Technology Management and Research, Nagpur. It is entirely managed by the students under the staff’s guidance. It is responsible for arranging all the Technical, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in the department.
Every department of S. B. Jain institute of Technology Management and Research has their own student’s forum that is run by students for the students.
1. Providing a platform for the holistic development of the students.
2. Ensuring that student activities are carried out smoothly under the staff’s guidance.
3. Developing contributing relations with the alumni and corporate.
4. Facilitating interaction among all the students of the department.
5. Motivating students to think from research perspectives and develop a particle approach towards studies.
6. Bringing out the leadership and the management qualities in the students.
7. Provide Training and Placement Assistance.
Forum Name:- A.I.M.E.S (Association of Innovative Mechanical Engineering Society)
Description of Forum:-
- A.I.M.E.S stands for association of innovative mechanical engineering society
- A.I.M.E.S is a departmental forum of S.B Jain Institute of Technology Management and Research of mechanical department which was established in 2011
- It was first time held in 2011 since then this forum activity carried forward by different batches making it better year after year correcting the mistakes made by the previous batches.
- A.I.M.E.S is a forum which is of the students for the students and by the students
- A.I.M.E.S committee which helps an individual to explore oneself by inducing management and social skills
Steps to be followed for Selection of Forum Committee
1. Willingness for participating in forum committee.
2. Names collected will be categorized on the basis of their preference for the different post.
3. Student Support will be conducted for the different posts.
4. Interviews will be conducted for the shortlisted students.
5. Advisory committee is from final year.
6. Remaining all post can be filled by third year and Second year students as per their expertise.
7. Committee will be framed according to the results of interview, student support and above criteria.
Note: Any changes in the above processes can be made as per the discussion of Forum In charge and Head of the department.
Forum Incharge:- Prof.Sarvesh K. Biyani
H.O.D:- Prof. V.M. Suple
All the 2nd and 3rd year students are hereby informed that those who are interested to be a part of Departmental Forum-AIMES for the academic year 2016-17 has to submit the application to Prof Sarvesh Biyani till Saturday, 23rd July,2016.
Students Support analysis for 3rd year will be commenced on Wednesday, 27th July, 2016 at 01:30 pm in Room No.204. All those students who have applied for the post has to remain present during Students support analysis otherwise his/her name will be discarded from the post.
Forum Incharge :- Prof.Sarvesh K. Biyani
H.O.D :- Prof. V.M. Suple
Forum Member list
|5||Technical Heads||Ashutosh Jichkar|
|6||Non-Technical Heads||Kapil Azad|
|7||Publicity Heads||Pawan Pandey|
|8||Sports Head||Shubham Pande|
|9||Decoration Heads||Ruchi Paunikar|
|10||Discipline Heads||Mithilesh Shrikhande|